Replication sieve scripts.

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Wed Jul 20 13:55:46 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-20 14:51, Luescher Claude wrote:

> I did eventually was forced to do this and setup a 2 node test
> environment with the latest dovecot:
>
> /usr/dovecot/sbin/dovecot --version
> 2.2.25 (7be1766)
>
> /usr/dovecot/sbin/dovecot --build-options
> Build options: ioloop=epoll notify=inotify ipv6 openssl
> io_block_size=8192
> Mail storages: shared mdbox sdbox maildir mbox cydir imapc pop3c raw
> fail
> SQL drivers: mysql
> Passdb: checkpassword ldap pam passwd passwd-file shadow sql
> Userdb: checkpassword ldap nss passwd prefetch passwd-file sql
>
> and dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.15.
>
> It unfortunately made no difference at all. The emails are still
> replicating while it is completely ignoring the sieve files so there
> must be a switch in the config for this somewhere.

I did report a year ago [1] that I did observe mails being synced but no
sieves. Although I did report at the end that replication started again,
I do have to report today that it stopped again shortly afterwards (even
on current version of dovecot and pigeonhole). The only way to get
sieves synced in my case is: removing the corresponding files at one
server, update the sieve files at the other server [2]. Only then,
sieves become synced. On very rare occasions syncing happens without
applying the first step just mentioned. This issue looks to me a very
subtle one I am unable to reproduce reliably, sorry.

HTH,
Michael

[1] http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2015-May/100839.html
[2] I can live with that workaround because I am the only user having
sieves activated.