tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL alert number 48

Maurizio Dall'Acqua pi at lab2000-linux.homepc.it
Thu Jun 16 18:43:02 UTC 2016

I think that you are right when you say that the problem may be the
certificate recognition.

As for Roundcube, I've inserted the uncommented php code that you provided
in /usr/share/roundcube/main.inc.php.dist, which is the Raspbian file for
/config/defaults.inc.php. Unfortunately Roundcube doesn't login and replies
 with the message "connection to storage server failed". And the log file
of dovecot gives the reason: unknown certificate.

In order to solve this problem do you think that I should look into the
configuration file of Squirrelmail/Roundcube or in the config file of
Dovecot?