Dovecot + libsodium

Andreas Meyer luckyfellow42 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:14:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thank you very much for creating and maintaining dovecot!

In my scenario, I want to use the password hash algorithms provided by
libsodium: https://download.libsodium.org/doc/

So my difficulty is to have dovecot support libsodium's hash algorithms,
particularly: crypto_pwhash_scryptsalsa208sha256_str

On the sodium maillinglist I asked for help and received an adjusted
dovecot code, which exactly does what I need. You find it here:
https://github.com/jedisct1/core/tree/scrypt-argon2

Obviously I need to apply these changes everytime I upgrade to a new
dovecot version now.

So my question ist, what do I need to do so that you will include libsodium
support in future versions of dovecot?

Thank you very much for your attention,

Andreas