Problem Solr and centos 7

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Wed Aug 7 00:30:00 EEST 2019

On 8/5/2019 12:02 PM, HTMLServices.it via dovecot wrote:
> Given that I am not an expert, I am doing tests with Solr, I installed
> following the guide but I have no benefits on the search, the search on
> the body on 28000 mails takes a few minutes and then goes to timeout.

If the problems you're having are with Solr itself and not fts_solr,
then the Solr mailing list or IRC channel is probably a better place to
get help.

The following info, combined with your document count of 28000, will be
very useful:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems#SolrPerformanceProblems-Askingforhelponamemory/performanceissue

When gathering the screenshot, be sure that the process listing is
sorted as described.

With no other info to go on, I suspect that maybe your Solr install is
still configured with a 512MB heap and that the heap size needs to be
increased to handle the index you've built.

> I did several tests but I can't get it to work, this is the test server
> link: http://5.39.2.59:8987/solr/#/

If you have configured fts_solr with a URL that contains a # character,
it's never going to work.  URLs containing # are only usable in a
browser and will not function correctly anywhere else.

Thanks,
Shawn