Dovecot Logging and Shell Script Hang

Asai asai at globalchangemusic.org
Wed Feb 27 18:49:38 EET 2019

Greetings,

We have a PHP based shell script that runs a doveadm backup routine.

This script was running just fine, and then we turned on more logging for Dovecot (enabled the mail_log plugin).  For some reason, once this was done, the shell script would run for a few minutes and then hang, as it added more log messages to the dsync STDOUT.  Once the mail_log plugin was disabled, it ran without hanging.

Is there any way to run doveadm and temporarily suspend the mail_log plugin?  Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks for the insights.
Asai