Sieve logging?

Matt Anton matt at lv223.org
Thu Jun 13 17:19:37 EEST 2019

On 13 Jun 2019, at 14:47, @lbutlr wrote:

> What sort of configuration change would I need to do to use LMTP instead of LDA?

Regarding dovecot, all you need to do is following:

<https://wiki.dovecot.org/LMTP>
<https://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixDovecotLMTP> (if postfix is your MTA)
<https://wiki.dovecot.org/LMTP/Exim> (if exim is your MTA)

> And are there any downsides?

Not that I’m aware of. Things remained the same as when I was using LDA but using LMTP over Dovecot’s LDA brings some advantages like better performances (no need to fire up new processes for deliveries) among others one.

There were several threads on the list related to LDA vs LMTP, such as:

<https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2016-June/104670.html>
<https://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-July/091617.html>

> What do I do about
>
> lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes
> lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes
>
> ?

They’re also used by LMTP so no need to worry when migrating from LDA to LMTP.
You can check what LDA’s options are specifically also used by LMTP in examples/conf.d/15-lda.conf

--
matt [at] lv223.org
GPG key ID: 7D91A8CA