[OT] Re: What kind of search response time are you setting with solr full text search?

Steve Dondley s at dondley.com
Wed Aug 25 21:05:33 EEST 2021

> Try this in on the commandline of the Solr server:
>
> time curl
> "http://localhost:YYY/solr/dovecot/select?q=maynez&defType=edismax&qf=body+to+subject+cc+from"

OK I had to modify the query path slightly to get it to work with my
core to:

time curl
http://localhost:8983/solr/dondley/select?q=maynez&defType=edismax&qf=body+to+subjec:t+ccfrom

But it didn't return any results:

Results:

   "responseHeader":{
     "status":0,
     "QTime":7,
     "params":{
       "q":"maynez"}},
   "response":{"numFound":0,"start":0,"numFoundExact":true,"docs":[]
   }}

real    0m0.018s
user    0m0.004s
sys     0m0.006s

I only have emails for this person in a subfolder of my main Inbox
folder so maybe it's only searching the top level folder?

> You could do the query remotely by changing "localhost" to the
> hostname or IP address of the Solr server.

 From remote host, I got similar numbers (no results):

real    0m0.017s
user    0m0.009s
sys     0m0.002s