silly quesiton

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 06:29:18 UTC 2022

On 28/01/2022 13.34, Stephane Magnier wrote:
> I using sendmail, but this is not clear how to share the same passwrd file, than Dovecot.. to be honest I should be able to get a file to manage on Sendmail, login and passwrd attached to the mailbox... Nb1

Not sure if this helps, but a server I run shares login info between exim and dovecot in plain text files.

In dovecot these are referenced with:
passdb {
   driver = passwd-file
   args = scheme=MD5-CRYPT username_format=%n /etc/exim4/domains/%d/passwd
}

userdb {
   driver = passwd-file
   args = username_format=%n /etc/exim4/domains/%d/passwd
}

In exim the lookup function is a bit more complicated eg.
user = ${extract{2}{:}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim4/domains/$domain/passwd}}}}

I imagine sendmail would have a similar sort of co-existence with dovecot.

P.