ot: how to t/s TBird problems ?

Voytek Eymont voytek at sbt.net.au
Sun Oct 23 11:57:42 UTC 2022

On Sat, October 22, 2022 11:29 am, Joseph Tam wrote:

> I haven't seen anyone else replying, but there doesn't seem anything
> anomalous with the output.  The session commands-repliesd is is more or
> less what I expect, although to make sense of this, you'll have to splice
> the input and output files together using timestamps to see the sequential
> flow of data.
> Typically, if some resource limit is hit, one side or the other will
> create a log or notification.  Your INBOX is large, but not outrageous. You
> can test it directly by creating smaller subsets of the INBOX messages and
> see if the problem goes away.

Joseph,

thank you very much for the follow up!
you won't believe it, literally minutes before your email I got this email
from the 'problem user' (below)

thank you to all who responded!

 - I guess if TB debug log was enabled (as was suggested)- maybe the issue
would become apparent from TB debug log ?

- I guess i should encourage POP users to switch to IMAP anyhow ?

got this from problem user:
---------------
Mozilla Thunderbird released an update which I just installed.

Problem solved.

I guess Tbird had a problem that the new release addressed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm mystified why my issue was only with one account. Perhaps it was
something to do with the size of the database.

yesterday it was
I'm still experiencing a 40 second delay to retrieve emails for
xxx

I have changed the pop port to 110 for the server but that did not
work at all.

I have reinstalled my email client TBird but no change, anyway all the
other accounts on TBird are working ok but they are MAPI not POP.

Voytek