[Dovecot] Namespace Problems

Kenny Dail kend at amigo.net
Wed May 30 03:05:20 EEST 2007

> Hi all,
>
> after an update from dovecot beta version to 1.0.0.-1 today morning I
> had different effects:
> thunderbird-, kmail-, Apple-clients, pine  and squirrelmail could
> receive email correct with imaps. But not MSOutlook!!!
> Varying the namespace configurations in dovecot.conf I got different
> results with MSOutlook working but with thunderbird, squirrelmail etc.
> all folders are displayed but not the root Inbox etc.
> Its important to know that I migrated from courier-imap to dovecot.
>
> My well working namespace config BEFORE upgrade to 1.0.0-1:

> Here my actual namespace configs:

> namespace private {
>    separator =
>    prefix = INBOX.
>    inbox = no
>    hidden = no
> }
> namespace private {
>    separator = /
>    prefix = INBOX/
>    inbox = no
>    hidden = yes
> }
> namespace private {
>    separator = .
>    prefix = INBOX.
>    inbox = yes
>    hidden = yes
> }

Try it using only one namespace which matches what you are really doing.
With 1.0 this works for me with all clients I've tried, including Apple.

namespace private {
   separator = .
   prefix = INBOX.
   inbox = yes
   hidden = no
}

> In varying inbox and hidden keywords I found this configuration. Most
> things are working with this but in squirrelmal I can't access inbox,
> the main folder.
>
> How do I have to configure that everythings works satisfying??
>
> dovecot.conf and dovecot-sql.conf I send in the attachment.

instead of sending dovecot.conf, next time use dovecot -n

--
Kenny Dail <kend at amigo.net>