Looking for a guide to collect all e-mail from the ISP mail server

R. Diez rdiezmail-2006 at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 26 16:12:34 EET 2020

> Have a look at Mailcow too, it comes with almost everything.
> I’ve been running it for a year now, after many years of usin
> a self-assembled stack, and it’s a bliss.

Thanks for the hint. I initially discarded Mailcow because of this:

"mailcow: dockerized comes with multiple containers"

The installation instructions mention that Docker Compose is required. Not long ago I learnt enough to launch one Docker container. I could be
convinced to use a dockerised application, but multiple containers and Docker Compose? I have a feeling that Mailcow is not really designed to run on
premises in a small business or a volunteer-based club or charity.

> I have it coupled with Amazon SES for some domains that run mailing lists.
> That’s a cheap option if you want to offload the sender
> reputation problem to someone else.
 > [...]
 > So if you want host your vm somewhere, choose something that is not cheap
 > and not big. Spammers more most likely to choose cheap.

Yes, I gather that you guys want me to expose ports and use the cloud. But I will resist you all to the end! 8-)

Regards,
   rdiez