Looking for a guide to collect all e-mail from the ISP mail server

Filip Hajný filip at hajny.net
Mon Oct 26 16:34:09 EET 2020

> 26. 10. 2020 v 15:12, R. Diez <rdiezmail-2006 at yahoo.de>:
>
> Thanks for the hint. I initially discarded Mailcow because of this:
>
> "mailcow: dockerized comes with multiple containers"
>
> The installation instructions mention that Docker Compose is required. Not long ago I learnt enough to launch one Docker container. I could be convinced to use a dockerised application, but multiple containers and Docker Compose? I have a feeling that Mailcow is not really designed to run on premises in a small business or a volunteer-based club or charity.

Not sure I understand, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to run docker-compose (unlike Kubernetes maybe). I’m running it on a €5/mo 4G VM with Hetzner (plus some storage). It would run on just about any server you might have running in your office or your attic at home, and the guys have it all scripted up with a fancy GUI.

-F