Can everyone now agree that there are no more hangs? :)
* Require that Dovecot master process's version number matches the
child process's, unless version_ignore=yes. Usually it's an
accidental installation problem if the version numbers don't match.
* Maildir: Create maildirfolder file when creating new maildirs.
+ ldap+prefetch: Use global uid/gid settings if LDAP query doesn't
+ %variables: Negative offsets count from the end of the string.
Patch by Johannes Berg.
- kqueue ioloop code rewrite
- notify=kqueue might have caused connection hangs sometimes
- deliver: If message body contained a valid mbox From_ line, it
and the rest of the message was skipped.
- mbox: We got into infinite loops if trying to open a 2 byte sized
file as mbox.
- Don't crash with ssl_disable=yes
- quota plugin caused compiling problems with some OSes
- mbox: After saving a mail to a synced mbox, we lost the sync which
caused worse performance
I think my v1.0 TODO list is:
- avoid duplicate flag change notifications, or in case the message is
also expunged don't bother notifying its flag changes at all
(shouldn't be hard)
- HFS+ avoid-hardlinks patch?
- 32bit -> 64bit upgrade still doesn't work without assert-crashing:
mail-cache-transaction.c: line 709 (mail_cache_add): assertion failed:
(fixed_size == (unsigned int)-1 || fixed_size == data_size)
- Courier-compatible INBOX. namespace gives "invalid namespace" errors
I'm still not sure about the last one though. Could someone give me
specific commands that clients send that causes it?
As for the 32bit -> 64bit upgrade fix, could someone give me access to a
x86-64 machine for a while to test it out?
Back to rc1's SSL proxying code with some improvements, which hopefully
now makes everyone happy.
I'm seeing all kinds of problems with namespace prefixes and LIST code.
I guess it would be important to fix it before v1.0 since it makes
upgrades from other servers easier..
I also tried looking into the "Unknown namespace" problems that happens
if you try to create only one namespace with "INBOX." prefix. I couldn't
really figure out what causes those errors. Could someone show me what
commands the client tries to use which causes it?
* Removed login_max_logging_users setting since it was somewhat weird
in how it worked. Added login_max_connections to replace it with
login_process_per_connection=no, and with =yes its functionality
is now within login_max_processes_count.
+ Added --with-linux-quota configure option to specify which Linux
quota version to use, in case it's not correct in sys/quota.h.
Usually used as --with-linux-quota=2
+ acl plugins: If .DEFAULT file exists in global ACL root directory,
use it as the default ACLs for all mailboxes.
- Fixes to login process handling, especially with
- Back to the original SSL proxy code but with one small fix, which
hopefully fixes the occational hangs with it
- Several fixes to handling LIST command more correctly.
Does this fix the hangs people have been reporting?
- SSL connections hanged sometimes, especially when saving messages.
- mbox: Mail bodies were saved with CR+LF linefeeds
- Mail forwarding was broken with deliver/Sieve
- dbox fixes. Might actually be usable now.
- Index file handling fixes with keywords
- Cache file was incorrectly used in some situations, which probably
caused problems sometimes.
- Maildir++ quota: Don't count "." and ".." directory sizes to quota.
After rewriting maildirsize file keep its fd open so that we can
later update it. Patch by Alexander Zagrebin