This release fixes a bug in ACL plugin, which could be considered a security bug: If Maildir is used with default settings (INBOX is same as Maildir root dir) and user set some ACLs to INBOX, those ACLs were copied to all newly created mailboxes. This should have been done only for "default ACLs", but with Maildir the INBOX directory is the same as the default ACL directory, so this mixup happened. This bug exists only in v1.2.x releases.
- Fixed iconv() crash when it was processing several kilobytes of
broken continuous input. This mainly could have caused a problem
with IMAP SEARCH. Possibly also with some Sieve checks.
- If MIME encoded-words contained line feeds, Dovecot logged
cache corruption errors.
- mbox: Renaming mailbox under newly created dir didn't move index
- mbox: When generating envelope to From_-line, don't append a second
@owndomain if username already has one.
A lot of dsync fixes. I think I've fixed now all of the bugs ever
reported about dsync and I'm hopeful that it's now stable. All the rest
of Dovecot looks pretty good too. Maybe v2.0.0 will be out next week.
Changes since rc2:
* Single-dbox is now called "sdbox" instead of "dbox".
"dbox" will stay as an alias for it for now.
+ Added mail_temp_dir setting, used by deliver and lmtp for creating
temporary mail files. Default is /tmp.
+ doveadm: Added "director map" command to list user -> host mappings.
- imap: Fixed checking if list=children namespace has children.
- director: If all login processes died, director stopped reading
proxy-notify input and caused future login processes to hang
- mail_log plugin configuration was broken
- Using more than 2 plugins could have caused broken behavior
- mdbox: Race condition fixes related to copying and purging
- dsync: Lots of fixes
I got tired of seeing the HEAD branch name in hg.dovecot.org (caused by the initial import from CVS), so I finally switched to "default" branch name where it doesn't show it. But apparently now everyone using dovecot-2.0 hg needs to switch to the default branch. You should see something like:
~/cvs/dovecot-2.0% hg pull -u
not updating, since new heads added
(run 'hg heads' to see heads, 'hg merge' to merge)
Now give a command:
hg up -C default
Hopefully there won't be other problems with the change.
Largest fixes since rc1:
- Fixed a crash with empty mail_plugins
- Fixed sharing INBOX to other users
- mdbox: Rebuilding storage was broken in rc1
- dsync was broken for remote syncs in rc1
- director+LMTP proxy wasn't working correctly
- v1.x config parser failed with some settings if pigeonhole wasn't
- virtual: If non-matching messages weren't expunged within same
session, they never got expunged.
Now that the stupidest mistakes are fixed, perhaps this release will do better :)
All of the important features are implemented and all of the important bugs are fixed. The only thing I'd like to solve before v2.0.0 is that two people have said their doveconf fails when trying to convert old v1.x config file. I haven't been able to reproduce this, so if it happens to anyone I'd like to know about it (and even better, get access to a test system where it happens, since it doesn't seem to be caused by the config file itself).
There's at least one installation that has already used v2.0 + mdbox for months in production. A lot of bugs have been fixed thanks to them. So I'm expecting this release to be rather stable and v2.0.0 hopefully won't be too far away from now. So the "rc1" tag really means that this is a release candidate. After a few weeks go by without any important bug reports, I'll release v2.0.0.
Largest changes since beta6:
- Added man pages, mostly written by Pascal Volk. They're also synchronized to wiki in http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools
- dsync syntax changed, although it's still compatible with old syntax. see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync for new syntax
- dsync backup command added
- dsync should now be stable (in theory anyway, more testing would probably be a good idea)
- LMTP proxying supports director
- director should now be stable
- Single-dbox should now be stable
- mdbox locking behavior modified. when rebuilding indexes it can no longer fail with deadlocks
- fsync_disable=no was renamed to mail_fsync = optimized (default)
- fsync_disable=yes was renamed to mail_fsync = never.
- added a new mail_fsync = always (basically what mail_nfs_*=yes also did before, but now it can be done without enabling NFS cache flushes)
Plus lots of fixes, as usual.