Sorry for being so quiet recently. Unfortunately I think it's still going to last a while longer. I'll be in Italy for next two weeks and immediately after that I'll move to Portugal. I'll probably write something about that later to blog.
I had hoped that this beta5 would be almost the same as RC1, but I didn't have time to put everything there yet, and thought beta4 is way too old already. The few things that should still be done:
- Change expire-tool to be a plugin for doveadm expunge command
- doveadm mailbox * commands should use UTF-8 for mailbox names, not mUTF-7 (and add -7, -8 parameters to switch between them)
- THREAD command seems to be crashing
- some other bugfixes
Some of the changes since beta4:
- default_login_user is now "dovenull". You should create this user.
- imap, pop3 -u <user> now does userdb lookup + changes privileges if necessary, so it's much easier to start imap/pop3 session for a specific user from command line
- doveadm has all kinds of new commands and changes
- PostgreSQL supports now multiple connections to backend. Also supports load-balancing / HA by specifying multiple host parameters. MySQL and PostgreSQL now share the same code for that.
- probably lots of other things I can't think of right now.