Hello Dovecot users,
Due to personal matters I haven't had time to do anything in the last
few weeks. Before that I provided some pre-releases and since nobody
indicated problems with those, I release them definitively now. I hope
the shit storm has blown over, so that I can dedicate more of my time
towards Pigeonhole development.
The Sieve release involves a large architectural change, but also fixes
quite a few small problems. The ManageSieve release is necessary to
match Sieve API changes.
Changelog Sieve v0.1.14:
* Made the imposed limits on the number of redirects and the number
of actions configurable. The settings are called sieve_max_actions
* Did a major rework of extension handling, making sure that no global
state is maintained. This change was triggered by problems that
global state info would cause for Dovecot v2.0, but it is also
important for v1.2 as it significantly cleans up the library
+ Made LDA Sieve plugin recognize the deliver_log_format setting.
+ Message headers produced from user-supplied data are now
RFC2047-encoded if necessary for outgoing messages. This is for
example important for the :subject argument of the vacation action.
+ Added support for the $text$ substitution in the deprecated notify
+ The subaddress extension now also accepts recipient_delimiter
setting as an alias for sieve_subaddress_sep setting. This
anticipates the recipient_delimiter setting in v2.0.
- Fixed logging of mailbox names. It logged the converted mUTF7
version in stead of the original UTF8 version supplied by the user.
- Fixed a minor memory leak in the multiscript support.
- Fixed a bug in the recompilation of Sieve scripts. Made sure that
scripts are only recompiled when the script file - or the symlink
pointing to it - is strictly newer.
Changelog ManageSieve v0.11.10:
* This release contains adjustments to match changes in the Sieve API.
This means that this release will only compile against Pigeonhole
- Fixed compilation of ManageSieve against CMUSieve.
The releases are available as follows:
ManageSieve (package + patch):
Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org for more information. Have fun
testing the new releases and don't hesitate to notify me when there are
Releases for Dovecot v2.0 are still under development...
Hopefully this release will be enough bug-free that I don't need to make
v1.2 releases for next few months.
* maildir: When saving, filenames now always contain ,S=<size>.
Previously this was done only when quota plugin was loaded. It's
required for zlib plugin and may be useful for other things too.
+ lazy-expunge: Support a single-namespace configuration. If a mailbox
is deleted, its messages are merged with its old expunged messages
(if there were any).
+ expire: Settings now support spaces in mailbox names by using
- maildir: v1.2.7 and v1.2.8 caused assert-crashes in
- maildir_copy_preserve_filename=yes could have caused crashes.
- Maildir++ quota: % limits weren't updated when limits were read
- virtual: v1.2.8 didn't fully fix the "lots of mailboxes" bug
- virtual: Fixed updating virtual mailbox based on flag changes.
- fts-squat: Fixed searching multi-byte characters.
Now that v2.0 is in beta stage I don't expect anything big to change
anymore. The configuration and the APIs shouldn't change in
non-backwards compatible ways. There are still bugs left to be fixed and
some small features to be implemented, but I'd like to have people start
testing it more.
The biggest unimplemented "feature" is how to convert v1.x configuration
easily/automatically to v2.0. Either the old config file should be
translated to new one, or Dovecot should be able to read the old config
file as-is. I think I like the translation better, so that people won't
still be using v1.x configuration when v2.1 arrives and drops v1.x
Largest changes since alpha3:
- if some IP address is failing authentications, all auth attempts from
the IP are delayed increasingly. a successful auth drops the delay. max
delay is 15 seconds. this is enforced by auth process, so it works
across different connections/processes/protocols.
- lib-storage plugin API changed. processes handling multiple users now
support different plugins for different users.
- expire plugin's settings work a bit differently now:
- post-login scripting works again, see
- Tons of fixes