Still some last fixes to v1.0 series:
- IMAP: SORT SUBJECT and THREAD didn't create base subjects correctly
- Maildir: Expunged messages may have never gotten removed from
- mbox: Fixed a crash when adding a new X-IMAPbase: header with
- Multiple "socket listen" auth blocks should have been possible, but
Dovecot failed to start with a "With connect auth socket no other
sockets can be used in same auth section" error.
Two hours later than promised, I slept longer than intended. :)
No changes since v1.1.rc13. Below are the largest changes since v1.0:
* After Dovecot v1.1 has modified index or dovecot-uidlist files,
they can't be opened anymore with Dovecot versions earlier than
* See doc/wiki/Upgrading.1.1.txt (or for latest changes,
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Upgrading/1.1) for list of changes since
v1.0 that you should be aware of when upgrading.
+ IMAP: Added support for UIDPLUS and LIST-EXTENDED extensions.
+ IMAP SORT: Sort keys are indexed, which makes SORT commands faster.
+ When saving messages, update cache file immediately with the data
that we expect client to fetch later.
+ NFS caches are are flushed whenever needed. See mail_nfs_storage and
+ Out of order command execution (SEARCH, FETCH, LIST), nonstandard
command cancellation (X-CANCEL <tag>)
+ IMAP: STATUS-IN-LIST draft implementation
+ Expire plugin can be used to keep track of oldest messages in
specific mailboxes. A nightly run can then quickly expunge old
messages from the mailboxes that have them. The tracking is done
using lib-dict, so you can use either Berkeley DB or SQL database.
+ Namespaces are supported everywhere now.
+ Namespaces have new list and subscriptions settings.
+ Full text search indexing support with Lucene and Squat backends.
+ OTP and S/KEY authentication mechanisms (by Andrey Panin).
+ mbox and Maildir works with both Maildir++ and FS layouts. You can
change these by appending :LAYOUT=maildir++ or :LAYOUT=fs to
+ LDAP: Support templates in pass_attrs and user_attrs
+ Support for listening in multiple IPs/ports.
+ Quota plugin rewrite: Support for multiple quota roots, warnings,
allow giving storage size in bytes or kilo/mega/giga/terabytes,
per-mailbox quota rules.
+ Filesystem quota backend supports inode limits, group quota and
RPC quota for NFS.
+ SEARCH and SORT finally compare non-ASCII characters
case-insensitively. We use i;unicode-casemap algorithm.
+ Config files support splitting values to multiple lines with \
v1.1.0 will be released on next Friday if nothing horrible happens.
* LIST X-STATUS renamed to LIST STATUS and fixed its behavior with
LIST-EXTENDED options. It's now compatible with STATUS-IN-LIST
- Message parsing could have sometimes produced incorrect results,
corrupting BODY/BODYSTRUCTURE replies and perhaps others.
- SORT: Fixed several bugs
- FreeBSD 7.0: Environment clearing wasn't working correctly.
This caused "environment corrupted" problems at least with deliver
trying to call sendmail and running Dovecot from inetd.
- HP-UX: Several fixes to get it to work (by Christian Corti)
- Fixes to using expire plugin with SQL dictionary.
- dbox fixes
Not many bug reports these last few days, so maybe this release will be
a good one.
+ Maildir: When hardlink-copying a file, copy the W=<vsize> in the
filename if it exists in the original filename.
- mbox: With rc8 empty lines were inserted in the middle of saved
- maildir: Fixed problems with opening newly saved messages which we
saw in index file but couldn't see in dovecot-uidlist. Happened only
when messages weren't saved via Dovecot (deliver or IMAP).
- Several bugfixes to handling sort indexes
- deliver: Boolean settings that were supposed to default to "yes" were
set to "no" unless explicitly defined in dovecot.conf:
dotlock_use_excl, maildir_copy_with_hardlinks, mbox_dirty_syncs,
I then decided to add the deliver -c feature to this release. Seems to
work in my tests, but who knows if it breaks something.. Although most
of the code is called only if -c parameter is given. Anyway we really
should have a comprehensive test suite written some day (yes, help is
really wanted for this :).
So let's hope this is the last RC release. If there aren't any major
problems I'll release v1.1.0 in a couple of weeks.
I'll also try to merge all my different development trees into a single
v1.2 code tree within a few weeks. v1.2.0 will probably be released this
summer as well, since it mainly has new features that don't change
existing code all that much (CONDSTORE is a bit invasive though).
+ deliver: Added -c parameter to provide path to delivered mail.
This allows maildir to save identical mails to multiple recipients
using hard links.
- rc6/rc7 broke POP3 with non-Maildir formats
- mbox: Saving a message without a body or the end-of-headers line
could have caused an assert-crash later.
- Several dbox fixes
Since v1.1.0 release is getting near, this could well be the last v1.0
release. I'll still fix important bugs, but if the bugfix is large or
affects only few people it'll probably get fixed only in v1.1 releases.
* mbox: Enable mail_privileged_group while creating INBOX.
- IMAP: Fixed a rare crash in FETCH BODY/BODYSTRUCTURE
- IMAP: If mailbox is selected with EXAMINE, ignore flag changes
- proxy: Login success reply was sent in two IP packets, which
confused some IMAP/POP3 clients
- ACL plugin leaked memory a bit
- dovecot-auth: allow_nets setting with network masks didn't work
correctly with big endian machines.