Hello Dovecot users,
Here is the Pigeonhole release candidate that goes with the Dovecot
v2.3.3 release candidate. It consists only of bugfixes.
- Fix assertion panic occurring when managesieve service fails to open
INBOX while saving a Sieve script. This was caused by a lack of
cleanup after failure.
- Fix specific messages causing an assert panic with actions that
compose a reply (e.g. vacation). With some rather weird input from the
original message, the header folding algorithm (as used for composing
the References header for the reply) got confused, causing the panic.
- IMAP FILTER=SIEVE capability: Fix FILTER SIEVE SCRIPT command parsing.
After finishing reading the Sieve script, the command parsing
sometimes didn't continue with the search arguments. This is a time-
critical bug that likely only occurs when the Sieve script is sent in
the next TCP frame.
The release is available as follows:
Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot wiki for
more information. Have fun testing this release candidate and don't
hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.
Binary packages are also available in https://repo.dovecot.org/ in ce-2.3.3 repository (not ce-2.3-latest).
* doveconf hides more secrets now in the default output.
* ssl_dh setting is no longer enforced at startup. If it's not set and
non-ECC DH key exchange happens, error is logged and client is
+ Added log_debug=<filter> setting.
+ Added log_core_filter=<log filter> setting.
+ quota-clone: Write to dict asynchronously
+ --enable-hardening attempts to use retpoline Spectre 2 mitigations
+ lmtp proxy: Support source_ip passdb extra field.
+ doveadm stats dump: Support more fields and output stddev by default.
+ push-notification: Add SSL support for OX backend.
- NUL bytes in mail headers can cause truncated replies when fetched.
- director: Conflicting host up/down state changes may in some rare
situations ended up in a loop of two directors constantly overwriting
each others' changes.
- virtual plugin: Some searches used 100% CPU for many seconds
- dsync assert-crashed with acl plugin in some situations.
- mail_attachment_detection_options=add-flags-on-save assert-crashed
with some specific Sieve scripts.
- Mail snippet generation crashed with mails containing invalid
- Log prefix ordering was different for some log lines.
- quota: With noenforcing option current quota usage wasn't updated.
- auth: Kerberos authentication against Samba assert-crashed.
- stats clients were unnecessarily chatty with the stats server.
- imapc: Fixed various assert-crashes when reconnecting to server.
- lmtp, submission: Fix potential crash if client disconnects while
handling a command.
- quota: Fixed compiling with glibc-2.26 / support libtirpc.
- fts-solr: Empty search values resulted in 400 Bad Request errors
- fts-solr: default_ns parameter couldn't be used
- submission server crashed if relay server returned over 7 lines in
a reply (e.g. to EHLO)