A few fixes since beta2. Also added tcp and tcps (=tcp+ssl) targets for
dsync, where the destination needs to be a doveadm-server listener.
I'm planning on releasing v2.2.0 in 1-2 weeks if no major problems are
found. Please test and report any bugs found.
BTW. I've also gone through basically all of my unread emails. If you
haven't gotten a reply to something, ask again.
Here's again all the biggest changes since v2.1:
* When creating home directories, the permissions are copied from the
parent directory if it has setgid-bit set. For full details, see
* "doveadm auth" command was renamed to "doveadm auth test"
* IMAP: ID command now advertises server name as Dovecot by default.
It was already trivial to guess this from command replies.
* dovecot.index.cache files can be safely accessed only by v2.1.11+.
Older versions may think they're corrupted and delete them.
* LDA/LMTP: If saving a mail brings user from under quota to over
quota, allow it based on quota_grace setting (default: 10%
above quota limit).
* pop3_lock_session=yes now uses a POP3-only dovecot-pop3-session.lock
file instead of actually locking the mailbox (and causing
IMAP/LDA/LMTP to wait for the POP3 session to close).
* mail_shared_explicit_inbox setting's default switched to "no".
* ssl_client_ca_dir setting replaced imapc_ssl_ca_dir and
+ Implemented IMAP MOVE and BINARY extensions
+ Implemented IMAP CATENATE, URLAUTH and URLAUTH=BINARY extensions
(by Stephan Bosch).
+ Implemented IMAP NOTIFY extension. Requires mailbox_list_index=yes
to be enabled.
+ Redesigned and rewritten dsync. The new design makes the syncing
faster, more reliable and more featureful. The new dsync protocol
isn't backwards compatible with old dsync versions (but is designed
to be forwards compatible with future versions).
+ All mailbox formats now support per-user message flags for shared
mailboxes by using a private index. It can be enabled by adding
:INDEXPVT=<path> to mail location. This should be used instead of
:INDEX also for Maildir/mbox to improve performance.
+ Improved mailbox list indexes. They should be usable now, although
still disabled by default.
+ Added LAYOUT=index. The mailbox directories are created using their
GUIDs in the filesystem, while the actual GUID <-> name mapping
exists only in the index.
+ LMTP proxy: Implemented XCLIENT extension for passing remote IP
address through proxy.
A ton of fixes since beta1. Especially the new dsync and the replication server related to that should really work now. It also works correctly now for shared mailboxes with private \Seen flags. And the replication server uses incremental syncing after the initial full sync, so it should be pretty efficient also.
I've only two things left to do before v2.2.rc1:
1. Implement dsync to work via TCP and TCP+SSL sockets. This is pretty easy to do actually, since it can use the existing doveadm-server to start up.
2. Read up all the pending mails from Dovecot mailing list and fix up the reported issues. Actually I guess most of those are for v2.1, but still I should get around to it. :)
There shouldn't be any major bugs left, so I'm expecting v2.2.rc1 out in maybe a week or so, hopefully followed by the final v2.2.0 soon afterwards. Please test and report any bugs found!