Hello Dovecot users,
Not much Sieve development was done in the last five weeks, but some
important platform-dependent bugs were found and repaired. The main new
feature is the addition of a custom Sieve language extension for
debugging in the Sieve command line tools.
Changelog Sieve v0.1.4:
* Started work on the sieve-filter tool. With this command line tool
it will be possible to (re-)apply Sieve filters on a mail folder. It
is currently undocumented and far from functional.
+ Added a custom debug extension that provides the possibility to
print debug messages from scripts executed by the Sieve tools.
- Fixed issue with opening relative paths as a mail file. Bug reported
by Ian P. Christian.
- Fixed MAC OSX compile problem. Turns out the extern modifier was
missing at multiple places. Bug reported by Edgar Fuss.
- Fixed Solaris compile problem: removed unecessary and unportable
linker flags that caused compile to fail. Bug reported by Andres
The release is available as follows:
Have fun testing the new release and don't hesitate to notify me when
there are problems.
I thought I'd do a double-release since it's Friday the 13th. v1.2.0 is
getting closer, mainly some ACL fixes left.
Changes in v1.2.beta2 since beta1:
* Authentication userdb: Renamed system_user to system_groups_user.
Probably pretty much no one used this feature.
* deliver no longer creates temp files to /tmp. They're instead created
to the users' mailbox directories.
- IMAP: Fixed SORT command crashing
- POP3 was broken in beta1
- Fixes to virtual mailboxes
- Fixes to IMAP ACL support
Changes in both v1.1.12 and v1.2.beta2:
* Added :MAILBOXDIR= to mail_location to specify the root dir for
mailboxes. dbox users should migrate to ":MAILBOXDIR=mailboxes",
because that's going to be the default in v1.2+.
+ Linux: Adding -D parameter to login_executable makes login processes
dump core to login_dir if they crash.
- IMAP: SELECT didn't always return first unseen message in reply
- POP3: pop3_lock_session=yes didn't use mail_privileged_group while
- mbox: Don't crash if >=8192 bytes long line begins with "From ".
- Maildir: More fixes to handling over 26 keywords.
- Several logging fixes and improvements
- Fixed authentication caching with non-plaintext mechanisms when
using a blocking passdb (e.g. MySQL)
- Fixed DIGEST-MD5 authentication with user@domain style usernames.